Financial Matters

Section Menu

Financial Matters Reusable

Billing Procedures for Third Party Providers

Students will be required to pay any initial deposits to the study abroad program directly. All subsequent bills should be sent to Felician College for payment. Felician will bill the student for the cost of the program plus an administrative fee of $100. The fee covers the services provided to students by the various offices at Felician College including, but not limited to, the Study Abroad Office, Registrar's Office, Bursar's Office, and Financial Aid Office.

Financial Aid

You might be surprised to learn that federal and state financial aid may be used on a semester study abroad program. Although institutional aid is not available, there are a number of other resources available to assist you in finding financial support. Also, there are limited grants available from the Study Abroad Office for semester and Felician College Short-Term study abroad programs. It will take some research, but the opportunities are out there. Please speak with the Director of Study Abroad for further information.

Financial Matters for Third-Party Provider Programs

Students participating in a semester or academic year-long program abroad may receive federal and state financial aid provided they have met with the Director of Study Abroad and the Financial Aid Office and completed all necessary paperwork. Felician College institutional aid is not available; however, grants for semester study, in the amount of $1000 may be available from the Study Abroad Office. Students should speak with the Director of Study Abroad for details.

Financial Matters for Exchange Programs

Students who wish to participate in one of the designated Felician College Exchange programs (please see Types of Study Abroad Programs) are permitted to use their Felician College academic scholarships to cover tuition costs. Students participating in an exchange program will pay the flat rate tuition, the comprehensive fee and a $100 study abroad fee to Felician College for the designated time they are abroad (one semester or two semesters) and will pay all other costs (i.e. accommodations, fees, etc.) to the host institution. Federal and state financial aid may be used to cover the costs of an exchange program. Athletic scholarships may not be used on an exchange program or any other study abroad program. In all cases, students must make an appointment to meet with the financial aid office to verify their financial aid packages.

Financial Matters for Summer Programs

Students participating in summer programs are encouraged to apply for outside scholarships since financial aid is often not available in the summer.  However, there is the possibility of receiving $500 to $1,000 need-based grants through the Office of Study Abroad.The Director of Study Abroad can provide information on additional financial aid resources.

Financial Aid Resources

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

Awards are available to U.S. citizen students who are receiving Pell Grant funding at a two- or four-year college or university. Any geographic location.

Bridging Scholarship

The Bridging Project offers scholarships to American undergraduate students participating in study-abroad programs in Japan. Scholarship (sponsored by AIFS)

Awards are available for students from traditionally under-represented minority groups for studying abroad.


Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-ASIA) provides scholarships for U.S. undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.

Fund for International Service Learning

Awards are available to any U.S.- based student attending an accredited service-learning program outside of the United States.

The Go! Teach Abroad Scholarship

This scholarship is open to all current or aspiring teachers. The sole purpose of this award is to assist in the funding of participation in a teaching program abroad, or supplement the costs of purchasing materials for use in the classroom.

The National Security Education Program (NSEP)

Awards are available to U.S. citizen undergraduate students to study in most geographic regions except Western Europe.

This site lists numerous scholarships.

SR Education Group Study Abroad Scholarship

This is a general study abroad scholarship. It is not program specific, and there is no minimum timeframe for length of the program.

TaLK Scholarships

Talk is a Korean Government scholarship program known as Teach and Learn in Korea. The program’s main objective is to invite and train native English teachers and overseas Koreans to teach practical English in after-school classes at the rural elementary school.