Felician College is recognized globally as a nursing education leader. The following degree programs prepare nurses to assume leadership roles within the global society of professional nursing and health care. The nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing.
BSN Degree - High School Seniors and Transfer Students - 122 Credits
The Four Year Full-time BSN Program provides students with a broad education grounded in the liberal arts, sciences, nursing theory and practice. As a nursing major, you will apply your nursing knowledge in a variety of health care settings and facilities under the guidance of qualified faculty. The curriculum culminates with a Clinical Residency in your senior year. Graduates of the program are eligible to apply to the State Board of Nursing to take the NCLEX-RN examination and qualify for admission to graduate study.
Accelerated Bachelor's to BSN Program (ABSN) - 64 Credits, 6-12 week sessions
The Accelerated BSN Program is a full-time nursing program designed for adults seeking a career change. The program is intended adults who have a bachelor or master’s degree and work experience in a discipline other than nursing. Students applying to the program are required to demonstrate the academic ability to successfully engage in an accelerated program of study.
There are six 12 week sessions that are fast-paced and intense. The curriculum is full-time and requires the student provide complete attention to the demands and requirements for successful completion.
Students needing prerequisite courses must satisfy those requirements prior to enrolling in the nursing sequence. The program prepares the student to take the NCLEX-RN examination upon successful completion of the program. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is awarded upon the successful completion of the program. Students qualifies for admission to graduate study.
RN-BSN Fast Track program (for RN's seeking a BSN)
Building on your education, Felician offers a program for RN's seeking to increase their leadership role in nursing by earning a BSN Degree. The cohort-based RN-BSN Fast Track is designed for working nurses who seek to complete the program in 15-months. This innovative program combines in-class courses with independent study and online course work. You will earn three graduate credits and students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 are automatically accepted into Felician College’s MSN program. Graduates of the BSN program qualify for admission to graduate study.
BSN Program Outcomes
Graduates of the Program will:
- Formulate a philosophy of nursing which is holistic and focused from a health perspective.
- Provide health care to clients and support for colleagues which demonstrate a personal commitment to the value of caring.
- Evaluate knowledge from sciences, humanities and nursing to form a framework for nursing practice.
- Implement the nursing process with clients (individuals, families, groups in community)presenting complex health problems in structured and unstructured health care setting using concepts of self care.
- Incorporate therapeutic interpersonal processes when interacting with clients, communities and colleagues.
- Provide health care rooted in the concepts of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice.
- Adheres to legal standards of practice.
- Design and manage professional nursing care as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Integrates cultural competence into the delivery of nursing care.
- Effect change in health care delivery within specific health care systems.
- Integrate economic, political, technological, and social trends that influence health care policy.
- Apply evidence based findings to nursing practice.
- Actualize a commitment to professionalism and lifelong learning.