Felician College offers experienced, certified teachers the opportunity to earn a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership with endorsements as a principal and/ or a supervisor. This program is designed for students who aspire to a leadership position in public or private schools. Students will acquire core theoretical knowledge and skills coupled with hands-on experience. The program emphasizes the development of caring, ethical leaders who carry out reflective practice based on professional knowledge of curriculum and instruction while seeking innovative approaches to administration.
- Prepares educational leaders for positions in Supervision or as a Principal in public or private schools
- Provides theoretical knowledge and skills coupled with hands-on experience
- Can be completed in two years
- Convenient evening and/or weekend courses
Students seeking the Master's in Educational Leadership will be required to take the following core courses (9 credits, each course is 3 credits):
- ED 540 Curriculum Development
- ED 570 Introduction to Research: Statistics as a tool in data driven decision making
- ED 690 Current Issues and Trends in Curriculum
Principal and Supervision Internship Courses (6 credits, each course is 3 credits):
- ED 715 Internship in Administration I
- ED 720 Internship in Administration II
Supervision Endorsement only (3 credits, one 2 credit course and one 1 credit course)
- ED 700 Research Methods in Education I (2 credits)
- ED 710 Research Methods in Education II (1 credit)
The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership with Principal and Supervision Endorsement requires a 250 hour internship that spans two semesters. Pending approval, students can do the internship at their current school, providing it is an accredited institution. The internship is usually done after hours so you can continue working full-time while you complete the internship requirements.