Obtaining Your SEVIS I-20

Section Menu

Obtaining Your SEVIS I-20

A student must be academically admitted to Felician College before being issued a form I-20.  If you have not applied to FC yet, you must follow the requirements for applying as an Undergraduate, Graduate, Exchange or ACES student, which can be found under International Student Admissions.

Documents Needed to Apply for an I-20

  1. Acceptance letter from College
    • This will be forwarded to the Office of International Programs from the Admissions office
  2. Application for Form I-20
  3. Proof of financial support: All documents must be in English, less than 2 months old, and may be sent to OIP via fax, e-mail, or mail. Acceptable documents include:
    • Personal Funds in the form of a bank or deposit statement
    • School Funds: This can include any academic scholarship, athletic scholarship, or grant awarded by Felician
    • Sponsor: This can include any family member, friends, government, company, or outside organization that will be sponsoring payment of your education.  Your sponsor must show  Proof of Liquid Funds, which can include any of the following:
      • Bank statement in the name of the sponsor
        A monthly statement with an account balance indicating the type of currency.  If another person’s name appears on your bank statement, that person must complete a separate affidavit of support.
      • Investments (i.e. stocks, mutual funds) that are easily accessible
      • Proof of college loan
      • Letter of financial guarantee from government or sponsoring organization
      • Company Sponsor
        Original letter on company letterhead stating annual support from the company.  This must be accompanied by a bank statement from the company.
  4. Affidavit of Annual Cash Support: This form should be signed by your sponsor (if any.)  If there is more than one sponsor, a separate affidavit must be completed and signed by each one.
  5. Affidavit of Free Room and Board: This form is only needed if you are living with a sponsor off campus
  6. Passport information page copy

All documents above should be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the Office of International Programs:

Felician College
Office of International Programs
262 South Main Street
Lodi, NJ 07644
Tel: 201-559-6193
Fax: 201-355-1121


Fall (August) Semester July 1
Spring (January) Semester December 1
ACES Program 4 weeks prior to desired start date


International students who wish to study at Felician College and need to obtain a Form I-20 must provide proof of financial certification for the first year of study, as follows:

Undergraduate Students

Tuition* $28,360
Fees $1630
Medical Insurance** $1068
Room & Board*** $11,650
Total $42, 708
* Based on 12-18 credits per semester
**Refundable upon proof of coverage
***Based on double occupancy  

Graduate Students

Tuition* $17,010
Fees $1630
Medical Insurance** $1068
Room & Board*** $11,650
Total $31,358
* Based on 18 credits per year
**Refundable upon proof of coverage
***Based on double occupancy  

ACES ESL Students Effective September 2013

Based on 4 weeks of study
Tuition* $1240
Fees $30
Medical Insurance** $1068
Dormitory*** $775
Food**** $360
Total $3473

Required amount for I-20 issuance for ACES program, based on 3 months of study: $7,490

* Based on a monthly basis
** ACES students not charged for medical insurance, but must purchase their own insurance.  ESL students can opt in to Felician's insurance, but will be charged $1068 if they start in the fall, or $645 if they start in the Spring.
***Based on a monthly basis and double occupancy
****Based on 12 week level  


After you receive your I-20, you should:

We suggest you take the following with you to your visa interview:

  • A passport valid for at least six months into the future
  • Form I-20
  • School admission letter
  • Completed visa application(s) (DS-156, DS-158, and, if applicable, DS-157)
  • Two 2”x 2” photographs in the prescribed format (see http://travel.state.gov/)
  • SEVIS fee receipt
  • Visa application fee receipt
  • Financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period you intend to study.
  • Any information that proves that you will return to your home country after finishing your studies in the U.S. This may include proof of property or business ownership, a job offer in your home country, and other “convincing ties” to your family and country.

For more information about the visa interview and what you can do to prepare for it, please read our Important Visa and Travel Information document, which you will also receive when we send you your I-20.